Thursday, November 02, 2006

I can't believe I have a blog! This is so exciting! I hope this gives you all a chance to get to know me and see some of the great people I get to work with.

I started my own business after spending over 10 years in the event planning industry. I was at The University of Central Florida serving as Assistant Director of Sports Marketing with my fabulous, fun colleage, Gert Garman when I found out I was pregnant with my first child. I was so excited because my husband and I had been trying for years. Anyway, I decided I would work up until the due date and then stay at home with my son. After David was born, I quickly realized it was hard to stay at home after working for over 15 years. Although I loved him dearly, I wanted to do something where I can still be at home but have an adult life.

Within weeks, Eventfully Yours (my husband came up with the name) was created. I made some phone calls, took out an ad in The Perfect Wedding Guide and began planning my first
wedding for Ric and Punky Sunderman (Frailey).

Slowly I began to reach out and network. I was scared at first, feeling like a high school student trying to get in with the "cool" kids. There are so many wonderful people out there and I wanted everyone to know this wasn't a hobby, I was for real!

I have been so blessed in these past few years! The business has really taken off and I have worked some amazing weddings with fabulous vendors. I enjoy working with people who have the same values as me, doing what it takes to make the day so very special for the bride and groom and their guests.

No comments: