Monday, November 10, 2008











GOING THE EXTRA MILE ..... LITERALLY



A couple weeks ago we had Lindsay and David's wedding at Paradise Cove and I was already teamed up with some wonderful vendors, Marc Harmon Photography, Greenery Productions and White Rose so from a coordinator standpoint I was very thankful that they incorporated a great team.



Lindsay hired Michele Rene for hair and make-up and although I had never worked with her before, she won (in my book) for being the best vendor at a wedding!


Lindsay's sister was flying in on the day of the wedding and unfortunately her plane was delayed in Atlanta. The wedding was scheduled to start at 5pm and Christina's plane landed at 4:50pm. Michele and her team were waiting at the airport for her and got her in the car and drove off to the wedding, while doing her hair and make-up in the car!! They would call me every five minutes to tell me where they were and as soon as they pulled into the parking lot of Paradise Cove, we began the processional!



Meanwhile, Christina is in the car changing into her dress and as I signal to her that it's time, she jumps out of the car, we hand her the bouquet and she hugs Lindsay real quick (there were definitely tears from us all at this point) and she walks down the aisle as if she had been there the entire time!



Linsday and dad enter, and only 25 minutes behind schedule. Whew-deep breath! Definitely the craziest moment I've had in five years! But to see Lindsay's face as Christina stepped out of the car-a moment I will never forget!


So .... hats off to Michele and her team! She drove over from Tampa for the job, then drives to the airport and then back home again. And everyone looked amazing!




No comments: